Junior Java Developer
As a junior-level Java Developer, you are responsible for the development, support, maintenance and implementation of our cloud-based web applications.
You should have solid experience in agile software development methodologies,
be self-motivated and have the ability to drive features to delivery, as well as respond to technical requests from team members and clients.
You are detail oriented and organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
You are teachable, self-motivated, adapt easily, learn quickly, humble, and dependable.
Key Skills we are looking for in this job are:
- 1-3+ years of Java
- Interest in a variety of technologies in both client & server-side
- Familiarity with RDBMS (MySQL) including experience writing complex SQL
- Linux/Unix experience
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design Principles
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and principles
- Familiarity with Spring Framework
- Experience with JPA / MyBatis / Hibernate
- AWS or equivalent cloud experience
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, Kafka/ActiveMQ
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field or equivalent experience.
YourCause, LLC is a SaaS provider of corporate solutions for employee engagement tools within the corporate social responsibility (CSR) niche through its tool CSRconnect. The platform now supports over 2 million employees. YourCause provides users with a diverse set of online tools that allow them the ability to showcase their cause, respond to a disaster, fundraise or volunteer for a non-profit, or use the tools provided to promote their cause to family, friends, and co-workers.
What to expect at YourCause
- A fast moving, technology-first organization with a ‘scrappy’ mentality
- We work hard. We play hard.
- An entrepreneurial spirit baked into our culture.
- An open, collaborative environment and office layout.
- Fun stuff: ping-pong tables, company lunches, comfortable lounge area, gym, etc.
- Company volunteer opportunities.
- Full benefits including: health insurance, 401k, flexible vacation.
YourCause, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not and will not discriminate in hiring, employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Our hiring procedure and practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
All candidates should be eligible to work in the United States in compliance with federal law.